What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text tool: ALL CAPS -- can't change it

ibclare

Queen Bee
Hi guys! Enjoying the Winter Olympics?

Gurus, I need your help!

I opened up a document that used an all-caps font. When I made a new text line and used a different font for lower & upper case, I only got upper. Tried a couple more fonts, same thing. Before you ask, caps lock was not on, lol.

I made a new doc and had the same problem.

I reset my preferences, no difference.

The only way I can currently produce upper and lower cases is to open a previous psd, edit the type as I need, then paste it or save as.

I'm stumped.

LMAO! Obvious is good. And IDK how it happeded unless because I hadn't installed the new font for the doc I opened? Whatever.

I use the character panel all the time, and I didn't even look there. Urp.

Even experienced (relatively) users can have brain farts! Should make someone feel better!

Thanks y'all :mrgreen:

[08/02/2014 22:02:00] clare b: LOL; working on the psd
[08/02/2014 22:11:42] clare b: hEY; i HAVE A VERY WEIRD PROBLEM GOING IN ps. mY SMALL LETTERS ARE ALL COMING OUT IN CAPS. mAYBE i SHOULD JUST CLOSE AND REOPEN THIS
[08/02/2014 22:11:54] clare b: No I didn't have caps lock on
[08/02/2014 22:18:43] clare b: I reset preferences and it still isn't working. I tried several fonts, including Arial, which of course is not all caps
[08/02/2014 22:19:00] clare b: Any ideas?
[08/02/2014 22:21:37] clare b: OK, this is too much. I opened another file and it allowed me to type in small case
[08/02/2014 22:32:47] Hoogle: have you turned on all caps in the character panel

Nearly 24hours ago

Geez, thanks Hoogle; 24 hours late. I meant on my keyboard; wasn't even thinking of the panel! Sorry for the misunderstanding or I wouldn't have had to post this embarrassing question!

Back