What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starfields and Space Imagery Challenge/tute

Check out this site. Wow! Some amazing planet techniques.
http://www.solarvoyager.com/tutorials.asp

Here's something that I whipped out in 6 hours using their Land Planet and Realistic Planet tutorials (and some tricks I thought up on my own ;)) The starfield in the background is strictly Greg Martin's technique.

for sphere freaks

Haunted by spheres as I am. I manifested my fear in this.

event horizon

a little space, a little graphics

Good clouds Moth - Is your satellite having some volcanic action? I'm just catching up with the Space Artistry on this thread --so nice. It puts PS to a higher purpose. :surprised:

Thanks, Joy.

The satellite is experiencing volcanic action. It's due to the gravitational tidal effect of Jupiter. The moon of Io is the only place besides Earth that active volcanoes have been observed.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:? Sigh...... I'd love to be able to see your image post, Moth, but so far with this new SMF board configuration I can't see any images except everyone's avatars!? Smilies don't even show!? ?:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ........hopefully I'll be able to see your post later...... :cry: :cry: :cry:

---Maya :(

8} 8} :surprised: Now that Mark fixed the problem I can see your great moon pic, Moth --- I love the composition and everything about it!!! Nice work (I wouldn't want to live there though lol!) ;) :} :} :} 8D

Hey all, I know this thread was started a while ago, but am just seeing this for the first time today!! Well, I was intrigued enough to sit down and mess around with my brand new Adobe Creative Suite (B-day/X-mas gift from mom & dad), and came up with this.

Hope you enjoy!! :)

8)) 8))

I was trying for a bit more realistic (i suppose) nebula -- different colored gases -- and came up with that. I haven't been able to do anything today, as I was out of town all day.

Will get back on this on, and give another go :righton:

:righton: :} :} :} this is a real beauty mflintjer! Colorations are gorgeous! :D

As much as I liked it, I did see room for improvement -- especially with colors and depth,

So here is another one -- IMHO, much better than the first one ;)

I'm new but I wanted to show my first spacescape
spacescape2.jpg

Fine image there, vbn_bassist! I like the sun peeking around the perimeter of the moon/planet. :righton:

Welcome to the forums!

Back