What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show Me Photoshops Potential

L i am

Hi Guys. Up until now, I worked in 3D with Sketchup and twinmotion. I have been unable to progress the quality of my renders and have hit a wall. I strongly have come to the conclusion that I need to get competent at Photoshop. TBH I have no idea what photoshop can do to improve my renders with post production, that is why I am here.

I am simply trying to get my head around what PS can do for my renders in the sphere of Architectural Visualization. If someone can enhance this image for me, I just need to see the potential of Ps to give me the enthusiasm to take a deep breath and learn Photoshop. Hope you get what I mean.

Subjectively, I balanced the RGB colour values of the apparent whites and blacks with a curves adjustment layer and thereby, removed the warm colour cast. Because of the attached mask to this layer, any portions of the warm appearance can be added back selectively. I then cloned over the reflections from the picture right side window and added a low opacity sharpening in Darken mode.

PT.jpg

Thanks Babine! I will work out what you said and apply it. The image you did is very much appreciated and gives me something to work towards,

I'm going out on a limb here because I have no idea what kind of 3D output Sketchup and Twinmotion are realistically capable of and how one would modify that when outputting. I look at this 8 bit Jpeg image as a photographer and working on it in PS would be so much more versatile and capable if this image had color depth greater than 8bit / channel. PS easily handles 16 bit/channel. That's incredibly important because 2^8= 256 levels of tone in each of the three 8 bit channels of this Jpeg image whereas 2^16 = 65,536 levels of tone in each of three 16 bit channels would have so much more information

At the risk of insulting the OP, here's a example I posted many years ago. Please read the text below the images. Its easy to see a correlation between my example and the render here but, still, I might be beating a dead horse since I have no idea if greater 'usable' color depth is possible in this instance.

(8xR 8xG 8xB) 24 bit Jpeg https://pbase.com/misterpixel/image/158464765
(16xR 16xG 16xB) 48 bit RAW https://pbase.com/misterpixel/image/158464766

Back