What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seperate object (tree) from background with little contrast between them.

maartenvz

Hello hello,

I am working on a project where I need to photoshop a facade behind a tree. To do so, I want to have the tree on a separate layer, so I can make the new facade behind it. I need to cut out the tree, but the difference in color between the tree and the background is too little to make a good selection. I tried a selection with channels and adjusting them with levels, but nothing seems to give a good result. Do you have any idea how to get this done?

Thanks

Attachments

• De Ruijterstraat-6721-2.jpg
    De Ruijterstraat-6721-2.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 7
There is not an easy answer for this nightmare! I would use a Calculation combo to get the best contrast I could, then make levels adjustments on the new alpha.........................and then it's just a ton of hard work creating a mask!

You gotta be kidding.... lol

But seriously... With patience and a multitude of paint brush sizes in various hardness, and erase tool to delete unwanted selections, you may be able to accomplish this by creating the selection in QUICK MASK MODE.

A tablet might make it easier. But a whole lot of eye and mouse clicking strain work on this one. Do the masking, copy in small sections .

Hello hello,

I am working on a project where I need to photoshop a facade behind a tree. To do so, I want to have the tree on a separate layer, so I can make the new facade behind it. I need to cut out the tree, but the difference in color between the tree and the background is too little to make a good selection. I tried a selection with channels and adjusting them with levels, but nothing seems to give a good result. Do you have any idea how to get this done?

Thanks

Back