What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific remove a mask

I have serious unresolved issues with matching the look of the original shot. Mostly of my own ineffectiveness.

Does anyone know what the "mottled bubbles" are or how they occurred?

New Jaw_4a.jpg

I have serious unresolved issues with matching the look of the original shot. Mostly of my own ineffectiveness.

@ex_teacher, excellent job overall. Two things jump out at me:
  1. I think the new face is too in-focus. His sunglasses, the lanyard around his neck, the woman's face... all are blurrier than the new face.
  2. The other thing I see is that the woman's face is very slightly darker on the left (our left) vs. the right side. But his new face is the opposite.
Rich

@ex_teacher, excellent job overall. Two things jump out at me:
  1. I think the new face is too in-focus. His sunglasses, the lanyard around his neck, the woman's face... all are blurrier than the new face.
  2. The other thing I see is that the woman's face is very slightly darker on the left (our left) vs. the right side. But his new face is the opposite.
I agree and tried both. Blurring it only washed out his face more, especially the eyes. I couldn't darken his eyes realistically or shade the side of his face (more) successfully although I tried to. And I couldn't use the original face with a different jaw and make it work either. Eventually I just gave up in frustration. I kept thinking one step more would do it. Sometimes I just can't get it .<SIGH> A different day and it might go easy.

Babine's effort is far superior.

Bruce

Back