What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Removal of White Strip

@ex_teacher - The remnant of the white stripe is still clearly visible.

If you darken the image slightly....

View attachment 132081
After a while I started imagining anomalous light or dark areas & stripes EVERYWHERE and feared I was adjusting everything to some arbitrary middle gray.. That's when I stopped :( The delicate tonal transitions are invisible to me at that point hidden in the textures. Maybe when I have the the cataract fixed in my dominant eye... but since I cant see it better with my other eye that has been fixed, I'm not hopeful. I have a granddaughter that has her phone adjusted to a dark muddy gray and she sees everything on it just fine and I also have a gifted and former student who was the same way with his monitors. They are both seeing stuff I can not.

However...Its a bit more obvious, as in when you darkened the whole image. I just experimented with using various procedural layers like brightness/contrast and it worked somewhat on the top half of the image...I think. But I hit the wall quickly and I'm just shooting from the hip at this point. However, that was a very good tip, thank you.

Bruce

Back