What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Painting in progress

Interesting choice of colors. Very metallic, kind of threatening. Might make a good Halloween back-drop!

JK. Nice painting; I can see your background in painting. The only spot that bothers me a bit is the misty mountain area on the right. It isn't convincing, sort of seems too nebulous to me. Or something.

Edit: Actually, I meant left, ( dyslexia showing) but both sides are a bit off to me.

Last edited:
Not too bad of a start, but I think I get what Claire is saying about the misty, er, mountain area.

Practice, practice, practice.

Thanks all.. The misty areas are just part of the color back ground i started to paint in at the beginning before adding the mountains, I have sine posting this done some color adjustments, gradient over lays, curves and brightness and contrast, all subtle adjustments but has made a difference, the idea at the beginning is another world landscape, hence the colors.

Lots more to do yet and more detail to add... i never thought doing something like this would be so intense and have to revert to so many reference images, but now having a tablet its made life so much easier.

Thank you.

Hey Inky, I'll throw in my usual.................It's too dark. (Broken record)

I love what you've done with the landscape, it seems to be painted very well, now if I could only see it through the muddy darkness.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt since this is a WIP, that you will brighten that foreground considerably adding the much needed contrast!

I love it inky! Really. The colors are great. I actually think a happy medium is between yours and Chad's, closer to yors cause I like a bit dark. Don't change your sky - IMO.

Back