What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help for my son to make crisp clean lines using Photoshop with his Wacom tablet

Re: Joined to help my Autistic son use his Waccom tablet and Photoshop but need help.

you could use GIMP, i used it before photoshop and it works with tablets AND it's legally free
GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program
sorry guys, but it's the only thing i could think of that could help the laddy out.
or Paint.NET which i used before GIMP
http://www.paint.net/
both are Free, virus free, and they are a good substitute to photoshop.

Last edited:
Re: Joined to help my Autistic son use his Waccom tablet and Photoshop but need help.

Really Paint.net is a good substitute to photoshop?????? wow I have seriously been conned in believing you get what you pay for.!!!!

Re: Need help for my son to make crisp clean lines using Photoshop with his Wacom tab

Amazon also sell used adobe products and they wouldnt sell pirated material.

Re: Need help for my son to make crisp clean lines using Photoshop with his Wacom tab

Thanks sooo much for your quick help!!
I didn't respomnd quickly because I have been talking with JouneyED and Adobe. Unfortunatly neither can give Tony the Student dicounted version because he is no longer being home schooled. He's older now and can talk, read and write because of us home schooling him but that was awhile back. He is still the age of about 9 in his mind and we still care for him here at home, but does not qualify for the dicount. They did warn me against getting anything online even if it said it had the regestration avaialble, because most have been installed and used even if they say it hasn't and adobe can tell. But they did say that someone could transfer ownership to make it legal. A lot of trouble for the seller or giver and I don't want to other anyone for all that.
Adobe said they dont sell anthing but the latest version and there is no upgrade for something as old as my ver 5.5.

I have written to the Adobe "accessibilty" link but was told they don't give discounts for people with disabilities and can't help if not student or teacher.

Thank you all very much for those suggestions though.

My son is nocturnal (likes to be awake when everyone else is asleep and all is quiet at home). So when he gets up I will get him to see if changing settings on our PS 5.5 wil clean up drawing lines.

Mac

it's a good substitute for those who can't afford the full version of photoshop. i liked it more than GIMP but pinta didn't do justice on ubuntu and PDN wouldn't work on wine for me.

Hoogleman and ZeeAlex, Thanks for the helpful replies! No I didn't take anything the wrong way at all.
Tony draws everday. It's the one thing he loves to do. Some of his srawing are here ( tonysimaginationlab dot com). He doesn't need anything to stimulate him, he'sw definitly got all the stimulation he needs. He has been drawing using pencil and afte he saw I scanned some of his drawings and put them on the web, he asked if he could start doing some of his drawings on computer. I got Gimp2 and Inkscape and they do well. Especailly being able to do the nice clean lines he wants to see on computer that match what he can do on paper with all his diferent pencils and pens and markers. But he looks online all thetime at other drawings and characters other people have done and they mostly say they were drawn using photoshop. So he wants photoshop. Unfortuanatly the version I have is Ancient version 5.5. The wacom cintique 12wx does work with that version but the lines are very puixualted and rouch. So Tony wants a newere photoshop and it's very difficutl to change his mind since he sees so much out there made by photoshop. I know Gimp2 is the free equal, but it's not quite up to par in some areas (from what I have read and tried), plus Tony is hard set on Photoshop.

If anyone reading this is familiar with forums, I made the mistake of putting my request for assistance in two places and need to get them linked. Could someone tell me how or send the administrator a note to have them link this to the one I prefer in the General Forum? Thread: Need help for my son to make crisp clean lines using Photoshop with his Wacom table

Thannk you!
Mac and Tony

he's a very talented artist! many people do use photoshop for illustration, yes,but they must use filter effects for something, which i doubt Tony will use.

what about Paintshop Pro X4? it's a very highly reputable program and it's a fraction of the price of Photoshop. i used it briefly on my old PC but i got a virus shortly after and i couldn't use it again.

Back