What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo on a background image

bobrock4

Hi, I have a logo image, it has been placed on a website on a background image. This image has a shade from white to a light blue blue. When you see this website on a windows7 pc you see that logo image has not hte same shade than background image. This doesn't happen on my mac. I have tried to delete all pixels out of the logo to have a transparency effect, but when i put this image online it has a white background and the effect is worst than before. Any advice to have the same shade? Thanks and ciao

Hi Chitkaran, i have just saved as png as you have said and the result is quite good. I have obtained the trasparency. But it seems that text in the logo is not more clear as before.

I mean that I have started from the logo image (the 1st image attached here), I have used magic wand tool (tolerance 5, anti-alias flagged, not contiguos) to select pixels, than I have used cancel to delete all content and than I have saved as png (2nd image here attached).

The result is an image in which text borders seem to be not well defined. I think there could be a way to made a better job.

Thanks and ciao
Bob

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 25
  • logo.png
    logo.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 25
Okay, there are 3 ways to get the text right.

1. Instead of using Magic wand tool, use Pen tool to make more precise selection and not lose the text clarity.
2. Make a new image with text and logo with transparent background and save as PNG
3. Use a stroke (1px maybe) and see if you can get the clarity of text right.

Hi, how could i use Pen tool in this case?

Okay, there are 3 ways to get the text right.

1. Instead of using Magic wand tool, use Pen tool to make more precise selection and not lose the text clarity.
2. Make a new image with text and logo with transparent background and save as PNG
3. Use a stroke (1px maybe) and see if you can get the clarity of text right.

If you have a lot of time to spend, then use Pen tool... Trace the path you want to show and delete the rest... but your best bet us to make the text layer again

I have found a solution. Taking time I have deleted pixel by pixel those in background i don't need anymore and then i've saved it as a png file. The result is quite nice. Thank you for your assistance! Bye roberto

He gone.

All good advice chitkaran. There was a time that I used to do everything the hard way in PS. Then I learned more, then a lot more here on the forum. Now I use more advanced tools and actions to do things. With all this new skill, I find I'm still deleting single pixels!

I guess we all learn the hard way.. I started off the same way.. then was anxious to learn to get the same effect with a different technique... slowly and steadily learnt through complex stuff... Still learning while trying to help others.. // The best way to learn, Practice

Back