What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo image with text

Bluie

Hello

I am trying to create a 'banner' image for a Web page and I'm a bit stuck. So far, I only have the name of a restaurant (please see attached).

The image here has a white background but will eventually be saved with a transparent background to blend in with the dark brown background of the Web page. I would like to include an image of a panda to add a bit more colour to the theme (I have attached that, also) and I can play around with the Chinese characters (they mean 'Panda with the munchies') and place them vertically if need be. How would I best use the image of the panda, with the name of the restaurant, without it appearing amateurish?

Thanks!

Attachments

• panda.jpg
    panda.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Greedy_Panda.jpg
    Greedy_Panda.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 2
Bluie,

I would put each element on a separate layer, and experiment with positioning and color. Try the Chinese lettering both vertical and horizontal.

Consider maybe doing an artistic effect on the panda photo - maybe posterizing it, or something like that, and seeing how that works.

Agent Moeller

Great panda muncher! I agree with agent that you should play around with the layer adjustments and/or filters.

I think if you just pile one on top of the other though, it will be boring. I would try offsetting the greedy panda title with the image. For example, move panda left and title mid right of it, maybe doing the title on two lines slightly off center of each other, second word with indentation of some length. Or put panda in middle with greedy on left and panda on right. Can't really tell without playing around with it.

I may have time to play with this, just to get some ideas for you. You might even want to add another symbol on either side of the Chinese characters. Not sure what that might be. Bamboo maybe? Or make, let's say, a bamboo piece a back drop for the characters. Just thinking here . . .

Many thanks for all your tips and ideas.

ibclare, your design looks fabulous and far more creative that just plain text with a panda's face next to it. You've all given me food for thought - yes, I will use different layers - so I had better get down to some work!

Thanks again!

Bluie

Back