What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo / Header request for a fast-growing website / blog.

TripleDouble

Hello! We are Triple Double (tripledouble360.com) and we are a Sports Information website dedicated not only athletes on the field, but the athletes lives and athletic companies off the field.

1st Month - 4,000 Users / 10,000 Views.
2nd Month (So far) - 8,000 Users / 12,000 Views.

We have also been complimented by a writer from ESPN, as well as our University's newspaper.

We are currently using just online logo makers, as you can see by our website. We are looking for someone to design us a new logo / header. Unfortunately we cannot pay yet, as we are not profitable yet.

What we can offer you is a mention on our Triple Double Team page, with a direct link to your profile on here, or your portfolio / site of your choosing.

Letters / Words:

TD
The Game. The Gossip. The Glamour.

Colors:

Shades of Grey
Black

Size:

Height: 120px
Length: up to 1,000px

Thanks in advance!

What is the origin of your title/name Triple Double?

Here is a common definition of the term....A triple-double is defined as a performance in which a basketball player accumulates a double digit number total in three of five statistical categories - points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocked shots - in a game.

Based on this, your site would primarily be focused on Basketball which might be reflected in your logo. The initials TD will always have the "touchdown" connotation. What should your logo say about your site?

If I may, I noticed a couple of issues with your site formatting.

1. The large preview at the top of the page only allow the user to click an arrow once, then the option goes away. Since you built this is Wordpress, there should be plenty of available resources on how to resolve this.

2. There is no consistent perspective (height vs width) screenshot for the the images that pop up on the second row (three separate images). You should crop images to meet the correct perspective before uploading them to the site for display. Image size does not matter as long as it is at least the same size, in pixels, as the display table. You may not think this is an important issue, but it makes the difference between amateur and professional sites.

As others have stated, I'd like to have more background information on the site before I can create a logo or banner for your site. My take on a logo is that it isn't just some graphic, but that it represents who and what you are and what you provide to the user/customer. If done correctly, the logo can become your brandmark and its elements can be used for other such marks if and when you expand your business' horizons (new products/services). Sorry, I'm always trying to think ahead on these things.

Thanks for the response guys!

Here is a common definition of the term....A triple-double is defined as a performance in which a basketball player accumulates a double digit number total in three of five statistical categories - points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocked shots - in a game.

Based on this, your site would primarily be focused on Basketball which might be reflected in your logo. The initials TD will always have the "touchdown" connotation. What should your logo say about your site?

Triple Double is also the highest or best possible combination of points/stats a player can get in 1 game. Which is where we are branching off as trying to be the ‘best’ Sports Information website. TD - Short for Triple Double, a logo that we would try and market in the future. We are also in the process of acquiring the URL tripledouble (tripledouble360) was never meant to be permanent). And finally, Triple (The Game. The Gossip. The Glamour) is the primary focus of our site.

1. The large preview at the top of the page only allow the user to click an arrow once, then the option goes away. Since you built this is Wordpress, there should be plenty of available resources on how to resolve this.

2. There is no consistent perspective (height vs width) screenshot for the the images that pop up on the second row (three separate images). You should crop images to meet the correct perspective before uploading them to the site for display. Image size does not matter as long as it is at least the same size, in pixels, as the display table. You may not think this is an important issue, but it makes the difference between amateur and professional sites.

As others have stated, I'd like to have more background information on the site before I can create a logo or banner for your site. My take on a logo is that it isn't just some graphic, but that it represents who and what you are and what you provide to the user/customer. If done correctly, the logo can become your brandmark and its elements can be used for other such marks if and when you expand your business' horizons (new products/services). Sorry, I'm always trying to think ahead on these things.

Yeah, we are not professional website builders, but we are constantly working on improving it.

1 - I cannot produce those same results? The arrows always stay on-screen for me. As well as the buttons at the bottom direct you to the next picture.

2 - This is a problem we have pushed to the side. It has been in the back of our minds, but hasn’t really been the main focus. I will work on this and thank you for bringing it back up!

3 - I posted another response above yours with details of the name.

"...we cannot pay yet, as we are not profitable yet"

You think everyone should work for free because you haven't made a profit yet?

No, but if you had continued to read, you would have seen that I am offering an alternative to payment.

@ the OP:

Our members do free requests if they have the time and inclination. You may get responses and artwork. If not, consider our freelance section. If you have examined our rate scale, you will notice that our prices are ridiculously low compared to a commercial enterprise. Freelance is not the primary purpose of Photoshop Gurus Forum, but we do make it available. Good luck.

Triple Double is also the highest or best possible combination of points/stats a player can get in 1 game. Which is where we are branching off as trying to be the ‘best’ Sports Information website. TD - Short for Triple Double, a logo that we would try and market in the future. We are also in the process of acquiring the URL tripledouble (tripledouble360 was never meant to be permanent). And finally, "Triple" (The Game. The Gossip. The Glamour) is the primary focus of our site.

Yeah, we are not professional website builders, but we are constantly working on improving it.

1 - I cannot produce those same results? The arrows always stay on-screen for me. As well as the buttons at the bottom direct you to the next picture.

2 - This is a problem we have pushed to the side. It has been in the back of our minds, but hasn’t really been the main focus. I will work on this and thank you for bringing it back up!

3 - I posted another response above yours with details of the name.

Lol!
Cheers, what happens when you try doing a mock up when you're knackered from grafting all day.

TD.png
No point in trying too hard when there is no indication as to what they want, other than a logo for free.

Spruce, although I feel the letters rather give the name a football connotation, the OP stated the logo should be "TD". Who knows, maybe he will like your design.

TripleDouble said:
Triple Double is also the highest or best possible combination of points/stats a player can get in 1 game.
Yes........I understand this. I do believe I mentioned that in my earlier post, did you get a chance to read it?

TripleDouble said:
TD - Short for Triple Double, a logo that we would try and market in the future.
Yes, I assumed this. My previous mention of the association of the initials TD to a touchdown, unknown to you, was me trying to get your feeling on whether or not to incorporate the letters Triple Double into the logo in order to avoid possible confusion.

The game, the gossip, the glamor............yes I understand this.

What does Triple Double have to do with this? (the game, the gossip, the glamor) I'm trying to relate the essence of your site to the name, and not criticizing the name itself. For me, the logo needs to reflect some aspect of the site itself.

I edited this post because I did not consider how badly it sounded as I previously worded it. For this I apologize.

Last edited:
Yes........I told you that in my post that you quoted. Did you not read my post?

Yes, I knew this already. This is why I stated.....(let me make it more clear for you) In US sports, TD is always going to be associated with a Football touchdown, even if it stands for Triple Double!

The game, the gossip, the glamor............yes we have this. What does Triple Double have to do with this?

Triple Double - The one of the highest possible combination of points/stats in basketball that you can achieve. Meaning we're trying to become the best.

Triple - [1]The Game... [2]The Gossip... [3]The Glamour... triple usually means 3. Which is why the tagline is "The Game. The Gossip. The Glamour."

TD- Short for Triple Double, something we can market. TD Clothing? etc.

Alright, since I'm being criticized and shunned for the chosen name of my website, I have decided to try and take matters elsewhere.

Goodluck in the future everyone. Thank you to those of you who tried to help, and shame on the others who have just thrown away a potential customer.

Now this is a good basket of fish.... with unexpected results.

A name is a name... Regardless how you see it, the OP chose this over all others.

Concentrate on the solution and not on the logic of title/name choice.

Looks like staff have deleted the offtopic posts to keep the thread on topic, There was far to much debate on the name and not much in the way of the actual threads topic.

We may not always agree with names, design ideas etc we can only advise or try and get people to see it from our point of view but their is a lot of skill in doing that without offending or upsetting someone along the way. You have to take into consideration they have thought it through and they have a vision, if they choose not to follow your advise then ultimately that is their choice.

Starbucks where in that name or logo does it shout out to be a coffee house but I guarantee if you show anyone the logo they will know what it is, The name is irrelevant in a lot of cases it is the branding that makes it a success.

It is also understandable to ask questions so that you can get into the mind of the client if you dont fully understand what your designing for then you should ask questions just like your client should be accepting of them, it is the only way you can work together successfully.

I do not see anything really bad in this thread that could cause so much offence accept maybe the only person submitting work has not even been acknowledged or any feedback, that can be upsetting especially when you are going out of your way to work for free for someone and they don't even acknowledge you.

which brings me to the next point as quoted by OP "and shame on the others who have just thrown away a potential customer." People are going to ask questions and also maybe be quite critical of how their work potentially could be used, You are asking for a couple of hundred dollars worth of work for free, on a site which is generating money, My past experience is freebie work nearly always turns into longer, bigger jobs than paid work, when you are not commiting to a budget you happily flicker and change your mind with no concern on the time being put into it. Trust me I know this due to recent events taken over a job which was originally paid to another designer (who did not fulfil the job but to save reputation I did it for free) just to get at the end of me handing over the full working files no acknowledgement, no thanks just that they are taking my work and giving it to another designer who will be paid to implement my work into a project which I could have done but not 1 offer of payment or job offer no matter how much he said he liked my work previously.

Thats why when people say you have just lost a potential customer it throws no weight to me remember you have just lost a potential designer 1 of which would probably done hundreds of dollars of work for free, Yes there is always going to be someone out there that will do it for free, they may be better or they may be worse, I think this thread esculated to quickly with no real reason.

I am 1 for supporting this forum and members I always try to be welcoming and make sure jobs are done where needed and I have learnt this.

1) if you are coming to get high quality work for free then expect criticism and digs it offends people and they get insulted you dont get many professional services for free (builders, Plumbers etc that are strangers) so what makes our trade any different.

2) 22000 views on a website that has adverts, someone is making money how often do you work for free for someone else making the money

3) That said there is nothing wrong with freebie work we encourage it and support it here but where it is going to be used for commercial usage then of course people will not respond as rosey as you would like,

4) yes it went a bit to much to a dig on the name that is your choice at the end of the day but if we are questioning it then don't you think your target audience will be too...

5) I am not taking sides on here at all I wish you all the best and I hope you get your job done and would be interested to see your logo once done I have an idea but not put it into practise as I stay away from thread that turn sour, but still interested on how you see your name in Graphical form as it is quite complex.

6) I am sure if you don't find what you want elsewhere then you can always come back and try again the thread has been cleaned up by admins to keep it on topic.

7) OP and other members be a bit more understanding of each other views if you dont want to participate then don't if you have a genuine concern or question then phrase it tactfully.

Back