What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Is it possible to match these perspectives?

EpicCrafter

Hello! Is it possible to match the perspective of the colored photograph as much as possible to the old black and white photo? So you can compare the images above each other?

The colored image is taken by a DJI Mavic Mini and the black and white is from 1939 (unknown camera).DJI_0352.JPGSLM_BF04-0387.jpg

The two photos are taken from different heights.

Shown with guides, this is as close as I can get them. Is this OK?

Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 3.09.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 3.09.22 PM.png

This is too much fun to pass up. I can only geometrically attempt to correct one plane and I chose the (more or less) horizontal plane of the ground. The image has been rotated skewed and perspective corrected. The vertical plane of the buildings I left alone except for the mansion...which I cut out and manually distorted.

I resampled the B&W to 300% to match the size of the color image.

First image is the original with clear working canvas in PNG format.
Second is the color perspective correction field view with additional altered mansion in PNG format w/ clear canvas.
Third is a PSD sandwich of the two, should anyone want to A & B them. The working PSD is way too large, so I downsized to 33%

This is a shoot-from the-hip approximation at best.

Original B&W w clear BkGrd.png

Perspective Altered Colored View.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Back