What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to achieve this "look"?

thirdforest

Hello - I am designing a website and was wondering if any of you could aid me in how you think the following images were constructed (not in shape but texture):

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 12.16.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-01-14 at 12.16.47 PM.png

First, how you do think the background was made (subtle radial gradient?), and then the textures on the logos (i.e. were they first black, then a texture overlay applied)?

Bonus points if you successfully reproduce the effect (with words or a simple shape).

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

These are best made in Illustrator.

The shapes can be made in Ps with the Pen Tool and Shape Tools.

The gradient was made with a Gradient Tool, Gradient fill, or a Gradient overlay.

Don't need bonus points.

Here's a BG Gradient made with the Gradient tool.

Settings:
Radial
Reversed
100% Opacity
Dither

Colors:
Outer d3d3d3
inner faf9f9

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 2.53.38 PM.png

I don't see texture.

May be because it's a low quality, small screenshot.

I looked up the image.......

I used FILTER > FILTER GALLERY > TEXTURE > TEXTURIZER >

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 3.07.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 3.05.53 PM.png

I believe the original is a paper texture.

This one is better, I added the texture to the shape layer as well.

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 3.13.27 PM.png

For the textures, the creator probably desaturated a rough texture, and then overlaid it using maybe a Linear Light layer mode. They likely lowered the fill of the texture layer.

They look scanned images to me but in photoshop Sams got it correct:mrgreen:

cant really tell what going on with the background (a higher quality picture is appreciated) but i think its a type of washout effect for the logos with texture overlays,

googled washout effect and came on this thread maybe it will help you achieve what you want

Back