What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Do You Do This Text Trick?

allfreelance

Hi there. I was wondering how they do this type of text trick. I know that it the text in the image below is warped with 'Flag'. But how did the designer make it so that a fish lens sort of effect was put on it too (you see how the letters are bigger on one side?) I am sorry if I am being dense, I don't work with text much. Thank you.

1723068502273.png

Hello and welcome to PSG!

I would say that this was made with the Liquify Filter.

Screen Shot 2024-08-07 at 5.43.35 PM.png

Just a note, you need to align the text to the left, rasterize it...........
Screen Shot 2024-08-07 at 5.46.37 PM.png

Then use the Rectangular Marquis Tool and Free Transform to justify the first, second, and fourth lines to the right side.
This will be your starting point.
Screen Shot 2024-08-07 at 5.46.49 PM.png

Instead of the Flag warp, try using the Wave instead. It gives more of that fish-eye effect you mentioned.

The original effect has a fixed boundary (square) that changes with any of the warp functions.

Good point—I missed that. So now I'm back to your method. I took my Wave warp and then used the liquify filter to bring the top and bottom to a square boundary. (I didn't bother with the right-justified fix, but that will be needed, too.)

1723072974348.png

Back