What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crumbling affect..

TechMansoor

logo.jpg
If you guys can see the image above, I am trying to make a crumbling affect with this image..Nearing the 8'oclock and 2 o clock region, I am attempting to have that part of the image/world essentially blown up and have it look like their are fragments of itself... if that makes sense..

where would I begin to attempt to do something like that? I am attaching the psd as well.

It is an honor to be amongst this community!

Thanks guys in advanced.

Attachments

Like the head in my avatar?

He didn't do very good in the video, but the methods are sound.

May I recomend using the 8 bit brush set from brushking.com

Last edited:
Exactly like the head in your Avatar..Thank you so much! I will look at the video here shortly and get back to you guys.

Thanks so much..

Spruce what brush did you use? I'm not getting the same affects..did you follow this tutorial pretty much? I'm attaching the new psd.

Sam..thanks for the post sir..I'll check it out now..

Attachments

So this is how I would do it, and don't forget that if you are adding speckles, you can thin the edges out with another speckle bruch at random around the edges. This makes it look more random, and not as though you have just used set brushes.
View attachment beginninglogo3.psd
beginninglogo3.png
You may find a different particle brush you prefer, but if you remember to make the particles smaller the further away from the object they are, you can't really go wrong.

Last edited:

Back