What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Change color

mylounge

Hi there,
Can someone change a few colors for me?
TROCADERO VAUDEVILLES from Red to Tiffany Blue #0ABAB5
SANDOW and his outfit from Yellow to RAL 1023 Traffic Yellow

Please keep the resolution highest possible

Thanks in advance

View attachment 145695

thumbnail_IMG_7650.jpg

Last edited:
Color isn't my strength so decided to take a try at it. But when I completed the changes, the yellow in the old color didn't look much different from the new (RAL 1023 Traffic Yellow, hex #F7B500). I filled the leotard with a solid color then used layer styles to bring up the shadows. When I sampled what I consider midtones, I came up with the F7B500. I the new color only a subtle shift from the old or am I not editing this correctly? I'm dealing with some visual issues so that could also be affecting my edit evaluation...
sandow.jpg

That looks fantastic! After seeing it the whole poster now, I think it would look great if the words on the bottom in dark blue were in the red that use to be at the top.
IN HIS WONDERFUL PERFORMANCE. LIFTING THE HUMAN DUMBELL. from dark blue to the original red.

PS. even with your visual issues you are doing an amazing job for me :)

Thank you so much

Can you both try an edit with IN HIS WONDERFUL PERFORMANCE. LIFTING THE HUMAN DUMBELL. in the original red that use to be above?

Can you both try an edit with IN HIS WONDERFUL PERFORMANCE. LIFTING THE HUMAN DUMBELL. in the original red that use to be above?
I took a a quick look - one recommendation is the type should be reset. I may take a shot at in the morning. I also don't think the red will work in that background even with the black stroke. But will give it a try...

I took a a quick look - one recommendation is the type should be reset. I may take a shot at in the morning. I also don't think the red will work in that background even with the black stroke. But will give it a try...
Hi Jeff,
I dont want red in the background, I just would like to replace the navy blue font at the bottom with the original red for the words IN HIS WONDERFUL PERFORMANCE. LIFTING THE HUMAN DUMBELL.

Thanks for your time

Hi Jeff,
I dont want red in the background, I just would like to replace the navy blue font at the bottom with the original red for the words IN HIS WONDERFUL PERFORMANCE. LIFTING THE HUMAN DUMBELL.

Thanks for your time
Also, the background is yellow there, so the red for sure will stand out nicely...

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your time
A bit of a misunderstanding - I meant that the red wouldn't have enough contrast to stand out from the background. @kabak has done an excellent job above...I think the question has been answered. :)

2 versions: first with red according with red from background second : red ff0000
View attachment 145713View attachment 145714
Turns out family wants the art to be a square for the wall instead of a rectangle. Is it possible to do the second one (second : red ff0000) and extend the brown/beige/black background on the sides to form a perfect square /w the white border? I tried to do this myself with microsoft paint by dragging the sides, but it didnt blend/transition nicely. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm totally leveraging @kabak's work. Here is one way of filling the background, trying to strike a balance between a look and not being distracting yet still have a square picture
Just one approach to consider.
John Wheeler
sandow--make-square-adj.jpg

Back