What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Asking for a miracle please to define picture

Gwah & Sifu

Hello to all you beautiful talented people. I have a photo of myself with one of my granddaughters, unfortunately the light from the background affected the outcome. It would be my favorite photo without this issue. I am not tech savvy at all, and wouldn't even know where to begin and havnt had the heart to delete it. Thankfully I randomly came across this website. I wondered anyone is able to create a miracle to make my photo visibly clear. I will post 2 images, one of the photo to be fixed and one of me which shows the details of my Moko Kauae and facial features. Many thanks and hugs in advance.

received_1117699772333209.jpeg

Screenshot_20220710-074553_Gallery.jpg

This is a tough one.
The shadow detail is hidden is lost... or at least I can't find it. What is left is all compressed tonally and posterizes when expanded.
This is the best I can do with a potentially lovely family portrait.

BTW Very nice paintings in the background of the OP's head shot.

Moko Kauae _9.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there TBC, Thank you for your attempt, I thought it was a bit of an ask. but was worth a try at least. You did better than I could ever have done but Unfortunately there's too many inconsistencies and it doesn't look natural. Just one of those moments where it's not meant to be I guess, I will have to get a new photo taken with my granddaughter next time I see her. As for pics in the background, thank you I painted them myself 🙂 Have an awesome week.

Thanks. Appreciated.
It did take a fair amount of 'tweeking'. :^)
"fair amount" ...LOL

I can't duplicate the quality of your work but I did take the liberty of using your excellent job to modify areas of concern that I originally came across. I just couldn't get to the stage where it was workable

Mainly In any version) I didn't like the severe blown out background, the blotchy child's skin and the mouth that was lost in shadow ( I grossly overworked what I had). With your more subtle and elegant image I could at least attempt to rectify those areas...for good or ill. When pulled out of the shadow the mouth is a globular mess when viewed with any scrutiny. I primarily worked on that but it's not particularly obvious I think. One really needs to sandwich the two, magnify at 100% and A & B them to see all the changes.

Babine_2.jpg

Last edited:
Well I am impressed by both @Babine attempts and @ex_teacher 's attempts.
I could not get anywhere close to either of those.

I too took the liberty of starting with Babines exellent work and tried an apaproach to reduce the saturation of the subjects, even out the just a bit on the granddaugther and redeced texture selectively in the baces while keeping the background saturation and reducting the highlights just a bit.
I think a total B&W version looks pretty good as well to consider.
Here is the result.
Just a small tweak on what the masters have already done
John Wheeler

ADDED Edit - left out temperature adjustment so change image

copy-of-Garys-image-adjusted.jpg

Last edited:

Back