What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A ZtarDust Production

ZtarDust

Banned
I hope it is okay that I make a post like this here but I would like this to be somewhat of a portfolio for my past works.

If at all possible I would greatly appreciate whatever critique you could briefly give me on this portfolio. I have some newer signatures I have made recently that I have not included in here because I would like for those to be touched on more specifically in the near future.
As for right now, enjoy what I have created thus far.

~ZtarDust

Attachments

• acehighrequest.png
    acehighrequest.png
    116 KB · Views: 27
  • bluehairpoochair.png
    bluehairpoochair.png
    145.9 KB · Views: 28
  • driftsigrequest.png
    driftsigrequest.png
    121 KB · Views: 27
  • infilsigreqstardustversion.png
    infilsigreqstardustversion.png
    125.5 KB · Views: 27
  • ixnay.png
    ixnay.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 28
  • lol.png
    lol.png
    175.2 KB · Views: 28
  • stardustnewest.png
    stardustnewest.png
    128.6 KB · Views: 28
  • starred.png
    starred.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 28
  • ukfstardustlgtext.png
    ukfstardustlgtext.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    167.2 KB · Views: 28
  • viralrequestvert.png
    viralrequestvert.png
    166.8 KB · Views: 28
  • vashrequest.png
    vashrequest.png
    173.4 KB · Views: 28
  • tumblr_m04ert8e7A1rqdkbfo1_500.gif
    tumblr_m04ert8e7A1rqdkbfo1_500.gif
    187.9 KB · Views: 28
  • tumblr_m04fhaZLB01rqdkbfo1_500.png
    tumblr_m04fhaZLB01rqdkbfo1_500.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 28
  • tumblr_m04g0wAdsg1rqdkbfo1_500.png
    tumblr_m04g0wAdsg1rqdkbfo1_500.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 26
  • tumblr_m04grs7Rs71rqdkbfo1_500.png
    tumblr_m04grs7Rs71rqdkbfo1_500.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 26
  • tumblr_m04gvzJqp21rqdkbfo1_500.png
    tumblr_m04gvzJqp21rqdkbfo1_500.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 26
  • tumblr_m04gpyRHBR1rqdkbfo1_500.png
    tumblr_m04gpyRHBR1rqdkbfo1_500.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 27
  • tumblr_m04h173Wt81rqdkbfo1_500.png
    tumblr_m04h173Wt81rqdkbfo1_500.png
    128 KB · Views: 27
  • tumblr_m04jf3LEsr1rqdkbfo1_500.png
    tumblr_m04jf3LEsr1rqdkbfo1_500.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 26
  • tumblr_m8lzelKx7C1rqdkbfo1_500.gif
    tumblr_m8lzelKx7C1rqdkbfo1_500.gif
    238.3 KB · Views: 27
  • tumblr_m04h4qHmEA1rqdkbfo1_500.png
    tumblr_m04h4qHmEA1rqdkbfo1_500.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 26
  • tumblr_m04h8xalr41rqdkbfo1_500.png
    tumblr_m04h8xalr41rqdkbfo1_500.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 26
  • tumblr_m8lzdfs6Pp1rqdkbfo1_500.png
    tumblr_m8lzdfs6Pp1rqdkbfo1_500.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 27
Pretty 'bog standard' images mate really, i thought that these 'type' of images had died a slow death of late - nothing new that jumps out so a rather stagnated area of photoshop for me anyway.
Welcome to the site enjoy your time here.

Pretty 'bog standard' images mate really, i thought that these 'type' of images had died a slow death of late - nothing new that jumps out so a rather stagnated area of photoshop for me anyway.
Welcome to the site enjoy your time here.

Yeah that was really useful.

Thanks for nothing on that one.
Aside from that, I've seen enough of this community to know new people aren't welcome.
gg

Love to see some of what you are talking about, as for my critique it is what it is from your opening gambit here
If at all possible I would greatly appreciate whatever critique you could briefly give me on this portfolio.
i have obliged and it seems you do not like it?

By definition of the two very words used in a thread on this exact website what you provided me was more along the lines of "criticism" than actual "critique".

Do you want a Criticism or a Critique?
I see so may people asking for criticisms of their work.

Just to clarify.
A criticism is "the expression of disapproval of someone or something based on perceived faults or mistakes"

What you want is a critique.
A critique is "a careful judgment in which you give your opinion about the good and bad parts of something (such as a piece of writing or a work of art)"

Like I said, off these very own forums is this said.

Are you here to rock the boat by any chance as i stand by my comments, the images you posted are dated in my opinion 'bog standard' and certainly do not stand out from a crowd, maybe look through some of our great threads and see what can be done with a modern twist, reinventing the wheel is hard and going there is harder but we try because we can:mrgreen:

Yeah that was really useful.

Thanks for nothing on that one.
Aside from that, I've seen enough of this community to know new people aren't welcome.
gg

ZtarDust, I'm a photographer and not at all into your kind of art or signatures so I have no valid opinion.
I found the images with animation inserted interesting and different from anything I've seen before but like I said this isn't something I personally pay attention to.

With that said, you asked for opinions.
If you ask for an opinion or critique you need to be able to accept the positive along with the negative critiques.

Negative comments of your work doesn't mean you aren't welcome here.
If you don't want "honest" comments don't ask, just post your work in the Graphics Design Showroom where it can be viewed with out critical comment.

Have you got anything where you haven't just put other peoples work together? I'm not going to critique something which takes so little effort.

It took me literally 10 mins to do this sig, so I can't understand why any of yours would take much longer.
summer glau.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I do have to agree with Paul, Steve, and Spruce on all their points!

It's very hard to provide feedback on such a common, as well as dated, Ps technique(s) comprised of the works of others, than to say nice work. These signatures mostly appeal to a younger, less mature mindset and I don't find them particularly appealing.

The only one that caught my attention was the 13th from the top. It's simple and straight forward without being heavily overdone like the rest. Like Steve, I liked the addition of the GIF which itself was nice and simple. Great job on this one!

Don't even get me started on the copyright infringement possibilities. Here's hoping you have never received payment for any of the ones that contain copyrighted characters.

Last edited:
as someone who's a firm lover of making signature images, i can safely say, these aren't anything i haven't seen before. as said, the technique is getting on a bit now, people are looking for simpler more bold looks. however it's good for getting into the usage of colour, effects and brushes.

but honestly, from looking at a few of the sigs like this (other people's) it's too easy to see that they've used brushes and slapped on a blend mode here and there, it would take me about 30 seconds to do If i had the brushes.

I know it sounds paradoxial when you look at my current sig, doesn't reflect much skill by any means, but it only took me a couple of clicks to make. At the time I really couldn't be bothered.

by all means, stick around, my work isn't exactly unique either but I try to make something new and more complex.

Last edited:

Back