What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A gradient line? Is it possible?

MrDreegs

Hi Folks.

I wish to create a line using the line tool that can utilise a gradient across its length. Is this even possible?

I would like to use the line tool to create a vey stylised version of the Aurora Borealis. So each stroke on the line tool regardless of length could go from faint purple, to full green and then fade out to a light violet.

I'm looking for the sky to look a bit 'blocky'

I make artwork for folks using hand drawn images mixed with photoshop rendering.

I can use the selection. custom gradient. copy. paste. to get the effect.

If there is a way to get it just working with the line tool I could have so much more fun.

I'll attach this image of my cr*ppy hand drawing with some my mixed up style ...Don't judge me :)

Thanks for any help.

EvelynCottage_Main_B.jpg

I wish to create a line using the line tool that can utilise a gradient across its length. Is this even possible?
Yes it is very possible!!!

Select your Line Tool
Click on Fill
Click on the Gradient
Set up your gradient anyway you like! Use the Gradient Editor to create any color variation you can think of.............be sure and save the color preset.

Screen Shot 2024-09-13 at 9.59.54 PM copy.png

Vertical or Horizontal.
Screen Shot 2024-09-13 at 10.07.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-09-13 at 10.09.14 PM.png

Back