What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific 1898 Family Picture

slimjim0812

I'm hoping a guru can sharpen and make objects in this photo easier to distinguish. This is an old family heirloom. I was hoping to make this look to print and frame. Thanks for any edit you can do.

Old Jones Homeplace 600dpi scan.jpg

I'm sorry to say I don't think there is any solution for this photo, there is not enough detail, and even if you apply sharpness to it, will only make the noise and lack of detail worst.

Zoom example.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Hi @slimjim0812
Very tough image to work with due to the noise and low contrast.
I took the approach to try and conceal some of the issues by lowering the black/shadow areas and reducing the noise. Also increased the clarity and contrast which will give the perception of higher clarity.

I did not have time for a detailed post process yet I think it would require a lot of TLC
Hope this try is of some value for you
John Wheeler
Old-Jones-Homeplace-600dpi-scan-adj.jpg

Hi @slimjim0812
Very tough image to work with due to the noise and low contrast.
I took the approach to try and conceal some of the issues by lowering the black/shadow areas and reducing the noise. Also increased the clarity and contrast which will give the perception of higher clarity.

I did not have time for a detailed post process yet I think it would require a lot of TLC
Hope this try is of some value for you
John Wheeler
View attachment 138159
Thanks for working on this.

Back