What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remove layers border line

Hone

I use photoshop primarily for drawing, often with many layers. I've been using PShop for 25 years. Suddenly there is a rectangular border that shows up around layer areas as I move my cursor around the screen or on the layers list. I've unclicked everything in the view/extras and show menu, which stops it for a few moments until the border lines return which they do momentarily. How can I permanently stop them?

I've done a bit of looking around. and it seems to be the Hover Layer bounds. Is there a way to turn it off?

Select the Move Tool.
Click the Gear Icon in the tools options bar.
Deselect "Show Layer Bounds on Hover"

Screen Shot 2024-04-24 at 3.48.24 PM.png

Thanks... that was easy, ... easy of course when you know it's there. Never had boundary issues before. Must have accidentally turned it on....

Never had boundary issues before. Must have accidentally turned it on....

Apparently it's brand new, so Adobe probably turned it on without you asking. I still have my trusty old CS5, so I don't get any surprises like this.

Apparently it's brand new, so Adobe probably turned it on without you asking. I still have my trusty old CS5, so I don't get any surprises like this.

It is interesting. I'm going to keep it on for the layer's list and off when the cursor is over the work screen. I'll see how that goes for awhile...

Back