What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wierd message and I don't know how to fix it.....

RAMWolff

Couldn't open the edit log file Photoshop Edit Log. Edit logging is disabled.

Any help here??

Running WinXP Pro (SP1), gigabytes of disk space, plenty of RAM (1 1/2 gigs of DDR RAM) and Photoshop CS.

Many thanks

Richard ;)

I think that "Edit Logging" is a preference, is it not? Have you checked yours to make sure you've enabled that feature?

Thanks Mark,

That got me motivated to look into it a bit more. Turns out that I had that log in a folder on another drive and I recently changed the name of that folder (shortened it). So not only did I have to re-point the log file I have a folder set up as "toolbar" containing quick links to folders that I access all the time. So I had about 15 folders to fix. Seems that the browse dialog has improved now. It will present you with a "fix it" button that repoints to the folder for you.

Thanks again. Working away on a project that involves both PS and XaraX. Nice mix!! :)

Richard ;)

I am getting edit log file error. Please help.

When I open an image in PS CS3, I get the error message: Adobe Photoshop CS3
Couldn’t open the edit log file Photoshop Edit Log. Edit logging is disabled.

I am using Windows XP Professional with sp3.

I have tried changing the History Log Preferences, but it hasn't helped. I can't find any other reference to this error on the Web.

I read the previous posts to this thread but I have no idea where to look for a file with a stored log file. My previous settings were to save to both, a file and meta data.

Thanks,

Hey.

I'm running CS4 on XP Service Pack 3 so...
The solution I tried was "Searching" C:/ for the file: "Photoshop Edit Log.txt"
Found it in an odd location. Redirected my CS4 PS Preferences to look in this
directory - PS now loads fine without that error msg.

My guess is the file has to pre-exist. I might move it to a safer location later,
but for now, it works.

Cheers.

When I open an image in PS CS3, I get the error message: Adobe Photoshop CS3
Couldn’t open the edit log file Photoshop Edit Log. Edit logging is disabled.

I am using Windows XP Professional with sp3.

I have tried changing the History Log Preferences, but it hasn't helped. I can't find any other reference to this error on the Web.

I read the previous posts to this thread but I have no idea where to look for a file with a stored log file. My previous settings were to save to both, a file and meta data.

Thanks,

Back