What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

urgent help needed

geethanga

Hi, I'm designing some graphics for a website. When I added those graphics to the html files, they become slightly blurred (sharpness is reduced). I don't know how to solve that problem. Do you have any idea why that happens? your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S- I use photoshop 7.

hey thanks for the reply. I usually save the files from the save option on the menu. But i use the save for web option when i want to use them for the web. I save them as GIF images. What else could be the reason for this?

If saved as a gif, there may be a difference. GiFs utilizes 256 colors. So a Jpg saved as a gif may be affected. But it also depends on your jpg image. I suggest you experiment with the color reduction settings of Save for web so you can determine the best result you need. And set the loosiness to 0.

Why save as a png or gif? I've never had any problem with jpegs and I don't often use the save for web and devices option. I just save regularly, save as, and make sure my size and resolution are what I want. The quality is always asked in a dialogue box. Anyway, I'm stubborn that way, but I've never had a prob. I only save as png or gif if that's the exact format I need, like png for transparency.

Why save as a png or gif? I've never had any problem with jpegs and I don't often use the save for web and devices option. I just save regularly, save as, and make sure my size and resolution are what I want. The quality is always asked in a dialogue box. Anyway, I'm stubborn that way, but I've never had a prob. I only save as png or gif if that's the exact format I need, like png for transparency.

Thanks, May be i should try that. I ll let you know the results. Thanks

Uh, I hate to suggest this; not a fix but a bandaid. IDK if it will work but how about oversharpening the image? I realize, however, that that could cause some artifact you don't want.

Do you want to upload an image for us to look at and maybe the psd too?

Uh, I hate to suggest this; not a fix but a bandaid. IDK if it will work but how about oversharpening the image? I realize, however, that that could cause some artifact you don't want.

Do you want to upload an image for us to look at and maybe the psd too?

hey thanks for everything. I finally solved the problem. There was something wrong with the height and width properties. Thanks

hey thanks for everything. I finally solved the problem. There was something wrong with the height and width properties. Thanks

Back