What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text Engine & Graphics Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spain Drexel

Hi,

I'm using Photoshop CS6 and just recently I've noticed when I start Photoshop, I get an error saying:

"Photoshop detected graphics hardware that is not officially supported. If you experience problems, please uncheck the Use Graphics Processor checkbox in the Performance panel of the Preferences dialog."

So I end up going and unchecking the box, but when I restart Photoshop, I get the same error.

Then I notice that the text tool is NOT working. I select it and when I go to click to begin typing, I get the following error:

"Could not complete your request because something prevented the text engine from being initialized."

I'm guessing these issues are related...? Can anyone help me??? :sad:

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 27
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 27
First remove all of the fonts that were installed by Photoshop. These fonts will all bare the date that you installed PS. You can do this by simply dragging them out of your fonts folder (Windows) into another folder. Then (I did all of this w/o restarting PS) place some text in an image - everything should work fine. Next, copy all of the fonts back into the installed fonts directory. Select the text that you place previously and then click in the drop-down box that allows you to select the font. Keep pressing your down arrow to cycle through the fonts until you receive the error message again. When you get the error message you have discovered the problem font. Remove it from your fonts directory and you will be good to go.

Source:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/375844

I just installed Adobe Master collection CS6 today, really angry because of this problem, but i found a solution after doing some research.

Head to your user files, and enter the AppData folder, and further into Local, navigate your way into the adobe folders, and find the TypeSupport folder.

Something like this: C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Local\Adobe\TypeSupport

Just go ahead and delete any folders you have in there, once you boot up photoshop it will create a new one, hopefully fixing the problem.

Worked for me, hope it works for you

Also forgot to mention that the AppData folder is by default hidden in windows, just google how to show hidden files, or you can just type in the destination manually and should bring you directly there

i just installed adobe master collection cs6 today, really angry because of this problem, but i found a solution after doing some research.

Head to your user files, and enter the appdata folder, and further into local, navigate your way into the adobe folders, and find the typesupport folder.

Something like this: C:\users\"yourname"\appdata\local\adobe\typesupport

just go ahead and delete any folders you have in there, once you boot up photoshop it will create a new one, hopefully fixing the problem.

after 2 days of searching....... This solved the problem!!!!!thanks!

I just installed Adobe Master collection CS6 today, really angry because of this problem, but i found a solution after doing some research.

Head to your user files, and enter the AppData folder, and further into Local, navigate your way into the adobe folders, and find the TypeSupport folder.

Something like this: C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Local\Adobe\TypeSupport

Just go ahead and delete any folders you have in there, once you boot up photoshop it will create a new one, hopefully fixing the problem.

I registered here just so I could say you're a genius! Thx you saved my day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back