What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still using Photoshop 7.0

Juwill

When I was introduced to Photoshop, 7.0 was all the rage... and I'm still using it. I've been feeling a little left behind on the Technological Train (hi-speed locomotive) however, and I'd like to upgrade. I used the trial for CS5 and I loved it, but I can't afford that big ticket yet. What version would be old enough to be affordable (under $200, on Ebay maybe?) and yet offer significant advances over what I currently have? I do some design work for posters and such, but lately I've been getting into more photo manipulation and restoration. I have: added a son-in-law to a family photo; created a memorial photo montage; brought old faded, damaged, and cracked photos back to life, etc. So those are my needs. I'd like to stick with Adobe - does anyone have any recommendations?

Hi Juwill and welcome!

I think you can still download CS2 for free if that interests you?.

For free? How?? I got the 7.0 through my employer at the time because I did work at home. Does that matter?

You can get a full copy for $199.00 if you are a student or teacher.Adobe will check and verify, and sell you the software. I got mine this way as my daughter is a student...she gave me a birthday gift. I used PS7 for years, and is a great program...the latest versions will spoil you

I knew that, but I don't know a student right now. My daughter might go back to school, so if she does I might take advantage of it then.

I knew that, but I don't know a student right now. My daughter might go back to school, so if she does I might take advantage of it then.
I bet she knows some official students :idea:

And she COULD GET THEM to help you out....You might buy a dinner or......:cheesygrin:

I bet she knows some official students :idea:

And she COULD GET THEM to help you out....You might buy a dinner or......:cheesygrin:

Haute and Tawdry, wrought with Gobs of Salacious Sexual Innuendo.

Carry On!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back