What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spacebar/Hand Tool only works for a short distance, then stops!

Luciobar1980

Hey guys, on my work computer I can hold spacebar and freely move the document as long and as far as I want. On my newish laptop, I've discovered that I can only move the document a small distance and then it stops. This also happens in Indesign. I'm assuming this is some setting with my computer and not a problem with Photoshop itself. Can anyone help me identify why this is happening? Thank you! :)

not sure on this one , i press my spacebar and the hand symbol comes up but nothing moves , if someone has an answer on this one id appreciate it too

Luciobar.... It may not have anything to do with PS but the laptop itself unless your using a mouse, Using the lap's touchpad can only move so far. I rarely do things on a laptop and use a mouse if I have to. I never did find a laptop setting that can change this. Unless someone around here did..... lol

egosbar.... you have to press down on the bar and click drag on the document.

On the laptop the touchpad only go so far but if you stop before you reach that point and start again by grabbing the picture a little deeper into it and slide it further ,if you know what I mean.

(now get your mind out of the gutter):bustagut:

Last edited:

Back