What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Soccer team graphic badge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus100

I'm looking to make a new football shirt badge logo to replace existing . Needs be similar with white outline .
CATSHILL FC ( TEAM NAME)

Screenshot_20220813-103711_Gallery.jpg

5nnrjeW3_400x400.jpg

I don't think he thought of a redesign that was that close to the original - he could have just edited the club's vector file (which already has a white outline). ;)

Thanks but I think it needs a redesign not too different to see if I can attempt the committee to upgrade 😉

Here's a departure from the original and a simplified version of that design.

These are in PNG format with transparent background and they both have a white outline

CFC Logo_12A_1.png

CFC Logo_12B_1.png

Thanks they look great , I'd have to go with the first one because it's kept a bit of everything including the banner at the bottom. I'd probably make the CFC slightly smaller and try different text types if I was capable but it's a massive improvement 😃👍🏻

I can easily make those changes. ...just not tonight (its 3AM here)

Given that CFC is the team name, it is overwhelmingly the most important aspect of the design and yet it was only a tiny-tiny fraction of the overall design in the original. I sized the letters to show features the dual lightning strikes which admittedly is backward logic.. I'll try some less radical text in the next iteration and that should allow the lettering to be smaller and/or thinner.

Do you like the badge shape in the latter versions or my original? It's no harder one way or the other as the background already exists for both

I think the first one is perfect shape and colours as it will be embroidered onto shirts so fading won't work. Maybe just slightly smaller text would do the job. Would it also be possible to post one without cfc text so I could mess about trying text styles?
Thanks very much for your help

Here's a bank one, a v2 with CFC in Ariel Rounded MT Bold font ( its been reduced in height to make the 'C' more circular), and v3 where the badge has been widened.

Warning... giving you a blank poses a problem for you. Every design element visually affects every other design element but you can't change anything but what you add. In reality that just restricts you more from creating your ideal CFC

I'm sure you know this but you need to click on each design to see the white outline in the designs and a simulation of the transparent areas. This site has implemented a very nice new method of seeing these transparent backgrounds.

CFC Logo_BadgeA_blank_1.png

CFC Logo_nuBadgeA_v2.png

CFC Logo_nuBadgeA_v3a.png

Last edited:
Thanks your designs look great and I would go with one of them if it was my choice but I think if I have any chance of tempting the committee to upgrade the logo I'd need to give them something closer to the original as possible in terms of the black/red colours standing out most. I have had a bit of a unprofessional attempt using free online software before you posted the blank so it's not great but it gives more of an idea of what I might get away with.
If I go with cfc instead of 'catshill fc' I think the ball would need to be raised to fill the gap .
Btw my design is just an idea . It's not great work lol

IMG-20220814-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20220814-WA0010.jpg

Closing this free request. To many changes. Any further work on this logo needs to be done in the paid section. Open a new request in the Paid section.

Also, no PM's to members on this edit. Keep it in the open forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back