What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving to .ai

sparky3659

Hi,

Im doing some work for a friend of a friend, and Im pretty new to this scene. He wants me to have the completed logo in .ai version and a .EPS.

So, a couple of questions on this.....Firstly, why would they want them saved like this- why wouldnt just a PSD and JPEG be ok?

Secondly, I see that .ai is Adobe Illustrator- what does this allow someone to do, that they wouldnt be able to do on photoshop.

I see I have the ability to save as EPS, as well as many others, but not .ai. However, I see there is an ability under 'File', to 'Export to Illustrator'. If I was to do this, would this save it as an .ai file that would suit my 'client'.

Thanks, and sorry for being noob :rolleyes:

yes duud you just have to export it to illustrator,
and yes illustrator does some stuff that PS is unable to do it ...
Good Luck dud

AI is vector-based. An AI image can be blown up the size of a house, and will appear exactly the same. PS makes raster (pixel) art. If you blow it up too big, it looks pixelated and loses resolution and image quality.

Good Luck dud.

Back