What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Save as to JPG

zaks59

Hi,
I need help with Save. When I want to "Save a Copy" (and with Save As), the default format is PDF, and I want that to be JPG to have fewer steps for saving photos.
I tried some online guides but none of them work, I always see PDF as the default option to save photos. Using AP 25.
Is there a solution to this or I just have to always manually choose JPG?

Thank you

Hello and welcome.

Take a look here while I continue to search! It is 17, but it still probably applies to 25

Hello and welcome.

Take a look here while I continue to search! It is 17, but it still probably applies to 25

I think the OP is referring to Affinity Photo ("AP 25")?

I
Hello and welcome.

I have tried that, but it doesn't work it always gets back to PDF.
As for AP, it is Adobe Photoshop.

Thanks

Just for future reference..........Adobe Photoshop is abbreviated Ps

Mine always defaults to PSD.

I have read where Ps sets the default "save" and "save as" to the type of document you are trying to save from. This works as long as I don't alter the document. As soon as I add a layer, the save format defaults to PSD. For example, if I open a PNG image and add an adjustment layer, the default becomes PSD. The only way it goes back to the PNG default is if I flatten the image/layers.

I have also read where the "save as" defaults to the last file save EXCEPT for JPG! Looks like your best option (for now) will be quick export.

Hi,
I need help with Save. When I want to "Save a Copy" (and with Save As), the default format is PDF, and I want that to be JPG to have fewer steps for saving photos.
I tried some online guides but none of them work, I always see PDF as the default option to save photos. Using AP 25.
Is there a solution to this or I just have to always manually choose JPG?

Thank you
This link may provide you with some alternatives to consider:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/phot...fault-to-jpg-in-photoshop-cc-2017/m-p/9245110

John Wheeler

Back