What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Sand Battlemap

Portal

Hi friends,
I'm playing miniatures, like warhammer, and I'd like to print a desert battlemap on a "tarpaulin". Something that may look a bit like the attached picture, but the resolution was not enough.
Printing dimensions are supposed to be 180x120 cm (at 150ppi ?) and the size of a miniature's base is 25mm - so texture should be small enough to be realistic at that dimension.
Of course, a good "generic sand picture" will already be a good start, I could try to add details by myself later. There should be no big 3d things on it, probably only sand, rocks, small bush and shapes of natural elements.
Thanks, hope to meet fellow players :)

SEA OF SAND 2 small.jpg

HI @Portal
I am not sure exactly what this background needs to be for you yet wanted to point out that the NASA images website has many desert shots that may meet your need.
As more of an example, I took one and created a 180x120 cm version at 150dpi and shared it in the dropbox link here:
Full Size Desert Background

The image below is the same yet scale to the maximum size the forum allows so you can see the detail after some post processing.
Hope this gives you a direction to consider
John Wheeler

nasa-desert-forum-size.jpg

HI @Portal
I am not sure exactly what this background needs to be for you yet wanted to point out that the NASA images website has many desert shots that may meet your need.
As more of an example, I took one and created a 180x120 cm version at 150dpi and shared it in the dropbox link here:
Full Size Desert Background

The image below is the same yet scale to the maximum size the forum allows so you can see the detail after some post processing.
Hope this gives you a direction to consider
John Wheeler

Thanks for the tip. I already tried a bit with some satellite view, but to be the right scale, the 180*120cm picture should use a 100x60m of real life desert, and I can't find a pic with a resolution high enough to use a so small part of desert. Any idea where I could find it ?

Another approach reduced proportionally for the site.

e

Thanks. Maybe a bit too much of those "stripes" ?

Thanks for the tip. I already tried a bit with some satellite view, but to be the right scale, the 180*120cm picture should use a 100x60m of real life desert, and I can't find a pic with a resolution high enough to use a so small part of desert. Any idea where I could find it ?
Depending on you usage (personal vs commercial) there are a variety of sources of arial views (not satellite) of the desert. Some free and some for a nominal fee. I would suggest google search for desert scenes and see what matches you needs. Hard to know what is exactly in your mind for what it how it needs to appear.
Just a suggestion
John Wheeler

Hi!
Here is an image of 180 x 120 cm 150 dpi
Could she serve you?

Thanks. Maybe a bit too much of those "stripes" ?
Less tracks ....
Battle-Map.jpg

Back