What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(request) could you help me edit this picture with a friend + rats?

coffeehuy2

Hi!So I'm trying to edit this picture and replace him with a friend, and the cats with rats; I can do the rats, but not the girl, because of her hair, and the water, which I have absolutely no idea how to blend with my friend.Would someone mind helping me?Thank you!

Last edited:
It's usually a good idea to print it out onto a bit of bed sheet, then paint on the image the best you can with water colours, to try and hide things you don't want. You may need a bit of imagination for things like recreating painting, unfortunately I'm not too good at this, but then when you scan your edit, you should get something like this!

K.png
My biggest tip of the day though, instead of dropping your rats, hook their wheels up to spinning magnets in coils of wire. This will power at least 3 light emitting diodes, which will help you see your water colour masterpiece take shape.

Then you bake it in the oven for six popcorn and it should look like this.
jt9dh2xj.jpg

Last edited:
You did a great job sprucemagoo1! I'm impressed by the way you worked on the water, did you use the dodge/burn tool, or something else? As for the tone of the skin/rats, what tool did you use to make them "fit" well with the background? When I paste them they don't look "natural", they're always a bit too dark or too light.

Make them black and white first, then alter the contrast, then brightness. To cover everything I did would take for ever to explain. As long as you make good selections of the rats and girl you should be fine.

Back