What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Remove "fog"

Brbbrb

Hello everybody,

This is a picture of my late grandparents.

It is 2400 dpi scanned photo. I did not dare to cut off the white lines at the bottom and the righ side, and rotate the picture, because I didn't wanted to change the quality. My scanner did this in jpg.

Sadly somehow the exposure was wrong, or the lens of the camera was dirty, I don't know, but there is this persistent white fog like substance before them, which makes the colors unnatural and my grandparents hard to see.

Another problem is the blurriness.

Please concentrate on my grandparents (especially the faces this will be for a family album), any other detail (except really next to them, so they wont stick out like cardboard cutouts) is not that important.

A general nice sharpening for the whole picture is enough.

A bit coloring for the whole picture.

And getting rid of the fog.

The noise is also a bit bad.

Apologies if my post is disorderly.

If anything is not clear please contact me.

Thanks for anybody who will try this out!

OMIP-003.png

I made a try using IA, not everyone like it, but in case it help, i dont have time to add color sorry

View attachment 128678
just a note, he can overlay the old color images as. player over you B&W, and they convert that layers to "Color Only" mode which will then add it scalar back, and use the eraser and blending to nock out the area like the background, or vignette around the faces on the color layer. regards, Sandy

just a note, he can overlay the old color images as. player over you B&W, and they convert that layers to "Color Only" mode which will then add it scalar back, and use the eraser and blending to nock out the area like the background, or vignette around the faces on the color layer. regards, Sandy

The problem is the color of the original is awfull, i think in this case the best will be to add the color manually in each zone, but that requires time.

Using the original image, worked on it using curves, camera raw, and some Topaz AI. Tried not to add to the noise of the original and did my best with it...
(*corrected with 2nd edit)

grandparents edited 2.jpg

You're very welcome - these images are precious and should be saved.
I'll try to work on the noise a bit more and see if I can clean it up...
Thank you very much.

Also I think if you are able to reduce the noise. It can be combined with Argos’ to give a coloured image, if it is possible, because he already reduced the blurriness quite good.

Back