What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recreating a grungy, speckled text effect help

jwack

Hi! So I'm attempting to recreate a text effect I found in a skateboarding magazine, it has a grungy, speckled dirt look to it. I can't seem to find a tutorial that makes it look the same. Maybe I need a certain brush? or effect? I've posted a photo, the one that says "Letter" is what I'm going for, and the "s" is what I've tried. ANY help will be appreciated! Thank you!:D

p.s. the magazine is "one magazine" if you want more to look at, and the font is Nilland if that matters.

Screen shot 2010-07-31 at 11.03.06 PM.jpgScreen shot 2010-07-31 at 11.02.34 PM.png

Last edited:
The easiest way to do that is with a grunge brush, or several different grunge brushes. I have some that I made that would work well, I can upload them for you later, or just do a search for free brushes online and find something you like,.

Your text will be on one layer, and you can make as many new layers as you want for the adding the grunge debris to go on, then place them either above or below (or both) the text layer.

Alright well if you could upload those brushes I would really appreciate it! Thanks so much for your help. :)

Back