What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with Pattern Maker

BigApe

Hi
I using CS2 on a pc and i'm having trouble with the Pattern Maker filter.

I've used it before with no problem but it has suddenly stopped working.

I open a file, select an area using the rectangular marquee tool and then select Pattern Maker from the filter menu.

Instead of the Pattern Maker screen appearing nothing seems to happen? Photoshop seems to hang until I press the Escape key. All the other filters seem to still be working fine.

Has anyone else had this problem? I hope I'm not doing something daft.

Thanks in advance.

is this a dodgy copy or the real deal, it does make a difference.
If it is a downloaded shareware copy then the site cannot help you my friend sorry.

Hi BigApe

I think that your preferences file could be corrupted, try this

- Reset your preferences file by holding "Ctrl+Alt+Shift" PC "Opt+Cmd+Shift" MAC, when PS starts loading.

why? 'cause when Photoshop starts it loads all the information and tools needed to work properly, like : brushes,plugins, color swatches, ect.

So if the preferences file it's corrupted will not load correctly all that information or just it will load only partial information that will cause PS misbehavior.

- I will suggest reinstalling the filter or plugin, but im not really sure since i haven't used CS2 in a long long time.

Hi deleting the preferences file solved my problem! Thanks so much for that, it's much appreciated.

I'll remember that in future.

P.S. My software was not a downloaded version

Back