What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Print size.

Paul

Former Member
I use a bog standard canon A480 for all of my photographs, it's a good little camera and does what i want it to do.
My question is this, it is set to give a image of 3648x2736 i want to reprint some photographs of the kids on the beach, what sizes would you recommend for output sizes for printing etc.
Thanks.

well always keep your camera settings at the best quality that way when ever you take it somewhere to be printed they scale it down and still perfect quality as to what size you should be printing it out a standard photo is 6 x 4 inches enlargements are 8 x 10 but you and so on so it will fit the image to that size as long as you keep the aspect ration it will always look good in print

take each side and divide by the ppi for the size in inches. if they aren't photos people will be scrutinizing up close then you might be able to get away with 200 ppi. all of my commercial prints are done at 300 ppi.

Back