What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Print Custom Color Table

Gail

Greetings,

Is there any way to print a custom color table without having to either spend $500+ on a plugin or having to draw each color and label by hand? This would be extremely helpful.

I regularly create color tables from images, convert to .aco or PS color palettes. Lately I have needed larger palettes and the process of creating these by hand is grueling.

Any and all helpful hints will be very much appreciated!

I believe I answered my own question by finding ColorSchemer. It's inexpensive and does everything I need.

I sincerely hope that others find this info helpful and if anyone has an hints about how to do this from within Photoshop I'd still love to hear about it!

Easy, man...

Save your pallete as ACT file, change it's extension to RAW and open it as RAW image in Photoshop. In the open dialog set Width: 16, Height: 16, Channel count: 3, Interleaved: check, Depth: 3, Header size: 0.

Here you are - your pallete as 16x16 pixel image. Set proper linear size for printing(in inches) and print.

You can freely enlarge this image(to the multiple of 16 size and with Nearest Neighbor mode!) and put any labels. That musn't be all that hard and can be recorded to a simple action.

Last edited:

Back