What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Place gazebo in new background

With a lighting adjustment = been bothering me since yesterday...
*Edited out bit of fence at bottom left.

gazebo edited REV.jpg

@JeffK - Great job!! I personally like the lighting in the first edit.

The view through the netting. I completely realize that this would be some extra work, but for me, it really stands out..................but I have OCD!

Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 1.12.29 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 1.12.37 PM.png

There's also a perspective issue that I can't put my finger on. It may be the alignment of the gazebo pad compared to the flower bed among a few other things. I don't know what if anything can be done to the perspective to help sell this edit. The furniture looks odd to me....too small for the perspective and the shadowing is off. The whole original looks edited to me. Very fake looking.
Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 1.19.12 PM copy.png

IamSam said:
There's also a perspective issue that I can't put my finger on. It may be the alignment of the gazebo pad compared to the flower bed among a few other things. I don't know what if anything can be done to the perspective to help sell this edit. The furniture looks odd to me....too small for the perspective and the shadowing is off. The whole original looks edited to me. Very fake looking.

@IamSam, I had exactly the same first impression—that the original image somehow seemed "off". I agree with all your comments. I was also suspicious about how the gray flooring of the gazebo meets the grass, which doesn't look natural. And these red arrows point to a couple of white highlights on the netting that have no apparent light source and are more likely the result of an imprecise selection from another photo.

1644781915908.png

The view through the netting. I completely realize that this would be some extra work, but for me, it really stands out..................but I have OCD!

View attachment 127555 View attachment 127556

View attachment 127557
Agreed

Much appreciate the compliment and the attention you've given this. I wasnt sure how to approached the netting so decided to darken it and gave it some blur. I thought with the background the way it was, I could score a pass since it was complimentary greenery. When I lightened up the gazebo set, I lost that camouflage and didn't think to revisit it.

I agree the original looks edited. I didn't like the way the granite edges met the grass but since it the edited added up to a match, I let it go. I tried cloning an edge of grass against the granite but didn't quite work out As far as perspective, this may be more of a sizing issue. As @Babine posted above, just raising the size of the gazebo set seems to overcome some of those issues that are bothering you, ie perspective and furniture sizing. I think I was just overly focused on creating a balanced composition.

I terms of what the OP needs, the edit probably works. In terms of our own high bar, it could have been more closely edited. LIfe, and Photoshop, is always in the details, :)

Thanks all for the critique!:bowdown:

- Jeff

Last edited:

Back