What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pic size changes when copied

Judith

Hi: This is my first post. I am trying to make a poster I have the background done and I want to add a pic. The pic is approx 4x6, the poster is 11x17. When I copy the pic into the poster it becomes very small. How do I retain the original size? When I try to transform the pic it becomes blurry. I will attach the items.
View attachment pete poster grey radi.psd

head shot 11 17cm.jpg

Hi Judith Welcome to the forum.

We got a problem here.

Resolution is the term used to describe the number of dots, or pixels, used to display an image. Higher resolutions mean that more pixels are used to create the image, resulting in a crisper, cleaner image.

Which means that the resolution of the picture you are working on is too low "Blurry already", and when you resize it gets even worst "more pixelated, blurry and a lot of artifacts"

in that case resizing or changing the resolution of the picture is not gonna help.

try getting a better picture to work whit.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi Judith, the problem is that the pixel dimensions of the pic you are copying into the poster is simply too small. Do you have a larger or higher resolution image to work with?

I started from scratch ensuring the resolution was the same on all and I think it has worked. I will try print large format tomorrow. Thank you for your help

Hi I am so sorry I never did tell you how this turned out. FANTASTIC!! Thank you so much for your help. The poster looked so good. People thought we had it professionaly done.

cool caulk one one up for PhotoshopGurus! congrats

Back