What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific photoshop background

fotoanne2022

Is it possible to expand the gray/brown background and the part on the floor to the whole picture so that it looks its 1 fully colour?

Annemiek Rook fotografie 31-1-1.jpg

thankyou very much! I would like to download it and print it in large format. (100x70) I need the highest resolution for this. How can I best do this?

thankyou very much! I would like to download it and print it in large format. (100x70) I need the highest resolution for this. How can I best do this?
If you're sending this to an outside vendor, would be a good idea to check what type of file they want. As far as resoltuion, since the poster is large and will be viewed from a distance, no need for a high resolution. That's something you can also check with your vendor.

I checked your file.
Size: 5000x3334 pixel, 96 dpi, 47.7 MB

If you download your image in this size, you can have your poster printed 100x70 cm. without problems.
But as JeffK mentioned, contact your print-shop and ask for their specifications.

Although I grew up in print production, my involvement in prepress was at a minimum. I say this because the issue of resolution has always confounded me.

My first mistake in reading this thread was that the OP, referring to a large format print as 100 X 70 was in inches. It makes more sense, as @chrisdesign offered, that this measurement would be in centimeters. Assuming that's true, the current file as is measures approximately 132 X 88 centimters at 96 ppi. To me, that's not a high enough resolution to print. Even if you were to reduce it down to print at 100 X 66 centimeters, with the resampling box unchecked, the ppi would be about 127. I don't think that's still a high enough resolution to print.

Just playing with this, I ran it through Gigapixel, doubling in size, then reducing the size to 100 X 66 centimeters, I get a resolution of about 254 ppi. That would be a better resolution for print.

Does this make sense?

PS - The OP still should nail down which file format to submit...

Back