What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo/Image copy of old newspaper

Igiloca

Hi!

I have been scouring the net for a digitized copy of The Wallstreet Journal of the weekend of April 30 - May 1st, 2011. I have not been succesful in my quest. I'm from Europe and can't seem to access the sites that look like they could provide this paper. Is there anyone that can help or give me directions on how to obtain this newspaper? It's for an art-project..

Thanks in advance gurus!!

Thank you for the effort, but i meant a scan of the original paper. It's the layout that i need.
That makes a big difference. Do you need images of the entire paper, just the front page, etc.? You might as well get the specifics of the need, so forum members don't under or over-deliver what you need if a forum member finds a source for you.

That makes a big difference. Do you need images of the entire paper, just the front page, etc.? You might as well get the specifics of the need, so forum members don't under or over-deliver what you need if a forum member finds a source for you.
Oh, my bad. Yes, i need images of the entire paper.

Changed the title of this thread to be more accurate.

With a brief search, I discovered that many resources have microfiche versions of the WSJ. However, I also discovered that there are many versions depending on the geography in which they were sold, which I would suspect could alter the layout as well. Here is a link to a college that gives a clue to the various versions available:
WSJ Versions at Humbolt

If a particular version is needed, it would be good to narrow it down to which regional version you need. Then I suggest you search for a microfiche archive for the years of interest (Many are in microfiche for that year), and then contact that resource on how to get access.

So, you may have limited access required to be a student or not have a password yet for microfiche; it all depends on whether they have a search service that would print or scan those out for you. This would at least narrow down what organization to target to get your specific needs.

Having done microfiche searches for genealogy, I am not sure what it would take to get a full scan of the WSJ pages (multiple pages). Microfiche's resolution is limited, and an image of a whole WSJ page is pretty large. So, getting a sample page might be a good idea before committing to obtaining all pages of a given issue.

It's possible someone could do this for free, yet it would not surprise me that most resources would require a fee.

One other angle is that some services sell archived papers to sell for people's birthdays. You might find that you could purchase that edition. You would have to check prices and see if that interests you.

I hope this is helpful, yet that is about the limit of what I can provide.
John Wheeler

Back