What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brushes Organising Brushes in folders

ruthlessone_uk

Ive been downloading lots of brushes and wondering if there is anyway to make new folders and organize them in a way I can find them easily... I am on CS3. Thanks
:-)

I have a pc so I use abr but that looks like a nice application. I am always looking through my brushes for just the right one thinking where is that one I probably have over 100 different brush styles.

I have spent many hours looking for a decent pc brush manager and yet to find 1 now I have all my brushes in nice organised folders so for example if I am doing portrait touch up I have a folder called portrait with sub folders for skin brushes, eye brushes, eye brow, eye lashes, lips, hair etc etc and just load the preset whenever I am working on that

My 100th Post so thought I would make it good with a pic I made
downlaod your brushes all to 1 folder I dont put them in the photoshop folder the folder can be anywhere mine is called brushes in my documents for example then in that folder i have sub folders i.e lights portraits splats etc etc then for the 1s with a lot of brushes ie portrait I have sub folders for eyes ets here is an example of 1 of my brush families
View attachment 4753

in each folder that contains brush sets I have a preview imago of all the brushes in that folder thanks to a piece of software called ABR Viewer which lets you preview all your brushes and save them as a set etc and install directly into photoshop
I then just load the brushes that I want and after finished my work for that project I just reset the brush tool that way I dont have to search through hundreds of brushes everytime I want a brush.

Photoshop just needs to know the location of the brush preset so you can store them on a usb pen if you like as long as it is plugged in when you use the app just point photoshop to the usb drive all my brushes are backed on 1

Wow I was hoping for a good way to get them all organized as well. I seem to have a brush addiction and they are not so easy to find when I need them. Hoogleman has the right idea....if only I was that organized!

trust me it is a lot easier to do as you download them rather than having them all downloaded and messed up. I do highly recomend ABR Viewer though because each set of brushes it lets you take a preview shot like the 1 in the brush tool of photoshop with seperate icons for each brush and then you can save that image for a reference in each folder

I had no clue that there were ABR viewers out there...thanks! I now have something that will help me at least see what the brushes are before I load them. Ill probably have to go through a few of the viewers to find the one that I like.

Back