What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ONE Missing Keyboard Shortcut

Gummo

Hello!

One of my keyboard shortcuts will work only once - the other ones work repeatedly. The rogue shortcut is used to reset my workspace via Shift+Ctrl+Q.

I'm using CS6 on Windows 7 Ultimate.

Please help.

Regards
Gummo

I have mine mapped to a button on my Wacom tablet so I can reset in a flash. All the other shortcuts work well, both in Pshop and on the tablet.

Sorry but you don't seem to provide very much information, have you tried remapping the shortcut and have you downloaded the latest drivers for your tablet
What kind of Wacom tablet do you have, depending on the version you can backup your settings and try reinstalling the drivers from scratch and import the settings again.
Why do you feel the need to reset the workspace in a flash, I haven't reset my custom workspace in over 6 months and it's only a mouse click away should I need to, seems a bit strange that you would need to map something like that when you can do it with two mouse clicks which takes about 2 seconds

By chance have you backed up your setting in Wacom Desktop Center? You may can restore the fault from it
There was a driver update not long ago also

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 22.01.57.png

Sorry but you don't seem to provide very much information,
I have - although the tablet has been mentioned, the problem is entirely within Pshop. I know because, one of the manoeuvres to fix the problem involved uninstalling the tablet from Device Manager, disconnecting it from the PC and uninstalling the drivers. The issue persisted despite the absence of the tablet.

What kind of Wacom tablet do you have, depending on the version you can backup your settings and try reinstalling the drivers from scratch and import the settings again.
Intuos3. I tried that before the manoeuvre above.

...seems a bit strange that you would need to map something like that when you can do it with two mouse clicks which takes about 2 seconds
I have the unfortunate habit of repeatedly dragging panels out of position and resetting the workspace. I love being able to hit the button to do it in a fraction of a second.

By chance have you backed up your setting in Wacom Desktop Center? You may can restore the fault from it
There was a driver update not long ago also
I re-installed the latest driver during this afternoon's epic saga. I keep the settings backed-up separately on my PC.

I mentioned that you haven't provided much info and here's your first two post

One of my keyboard shortcuts will work only once - the other ones work repeatedly. The rogue shortcut is used to reset my workspace via Shift+Ctrl+Q.
OK this was your first question, no mention of Wacom tablet

I have a custom workspace.
Second reply still no mention of Wacom tablet

The tablet was collateral damage in this - the issue emanated from Pshop.

Anyway, I've just received the solution, thanks to a comrade on an Adobe forum. Here's the fix:

"AFTER creating your shortcut RE-SAVE your workspace...do this via WINDOW > WORKSPACE > NEW WORKSPACE and type the EXACT same name of the workspace you are using."

(Because the purpose of the shortcut was to reset the workspace, it was only going to work once as resetting the workspace also threw out the new shortcut.)

Back