What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member introduction

dracven

Hi everyone,

My name is Thom, I'm using CS5 as I was lucky enough to win a copy of the extended version. However I'm totally overwhelmed by it, so hopefully along with the general photo editing stuff I'm used to I'm hoping to learn the different sections to produce some artwork from my photography.

Cheers

Thom

Welcome in Dracven, you have come to the right place to learn new tricks. That CS5 can be intimidating but be patient with yourself and don't overwhelm yourself or you will burn out on it. Take one step at a time.

thanks, the thing throwing me is I'm only used to editing photos. Now there's other options such as Essentials, Design, Photography and so on. I've no idea what it's all for! :)

Welcome. dracven.

You could imagine how I felt jumping from PS7 to CS3. I was so intimidated. I've updated to CS4 Extended but there's a lot of things that I don't know of CS3.....

But its not as intimidating as you would think. All those options are there to make the workflow easier. Everything is categorized according to the work at hand.... But there's the option Basic which is the classic look of Photoshop. You can tailot suit the palletes according to your needs and preference hereby creating your own workspace and you can save it.

View attachment 3108

Back