What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for help with editing a replica photo

anekin01

Hi!

I tried to replicate a photo of Ian Curtis by Anton Corbijn. I was limited by the small space and lack of different light sources. So I'm afraid a lot of the work will have to come from editing it in Photoshop. I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice on how to edit the picture I took to make it look like the original one. Especially the faded walls, the shades and contrast.

I use PS CS6 and added the original and my picture as an attachement.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Attachments

• replica.jpg
    replica.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Ian Curtis original.jpeg
    Ian Curtis original.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 1
I am seeing lots of contrast on this. Blacks are really black and greys are almost white. Use levels to try and get near this effect. Pretty much anything above black has lots of noise too, you can get this by going to: Filters>Add Noise>Monochrome/Gaussian. Also you can use your blur tool: Again Filters>Blur>Gaussian Blur and play around with a mask to select the areas you want blurred.

Here's a quick edit from me on this:
replica.jpg

Thanks a lot! I tried to use all your tips and this is the result. I'm sure it could be improved to look more like the original, but with my limited PS knowledge I tried my best.

Thank you X!

Attachments

• DA_BI_S17_14122012_066 BEWERKT.jpg
    DA_BI_S17_14122012_066 BEWERKT.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 0

Back