What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for criticism...self portrait

Toney Park

It was a sunny day here in Mountain View, California, and the wine bottles on my table looked amazing under sunlight. I took a photo of them and decided to put myself in among so people will know I like wine:wink:

So here it is my result. I just feel it doesn't look real yet:confused: would anyone know what can be improved here?

Attachments

• 110717-DSC_3147-Edit-Edit_????.jpg
    110717-DSC_3147-Edit-Edit_????.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 110825-DSC_5581_????.jpg
    110825-DSC_5581_????.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 110717-DSC_3147_????.jpg
    110717-DSC_3147_????.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 2
Love the pic. I'm a noob but you asked for crit so, your shadow doesn't match the light source tho it is a great shadow

Hi there, i am not a photographer but the shadow you cast is very strong and precise compared to the bottles, also the bottles need to 'pop' in my opinion. What i mean is stand out more, be clearer and shiny and glassy like do you understand me mate, then add the blur later with you in there.
Nice idea and welcome anyway mate.

This is what i meant by 'pop'.
Also make it quirky in some way, i just made two differing sizes of you and placed them accordingly.

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 33
I don't like the composition, there's no real subject here.
The background is a distraction, there's too much of nothing going on.
I corrected perspective and cropped.

Now to me, you have something to draw you into the the image.

110717-DSC_3147-Edit-Edit-Edit_____.jpg

Hi there, i am not a photographer but the shadow you cast is very strong and precise compared to the bottles, also the bottles need to 'pop' in my opinion. What i mean is stand out more, be clearer and shiny and glassy like do you understand me mate, then add the blur later with you in there.
Nice idea and welcome anyway mate.

lol Yes I understand you:cool2: Right it seems it's overall too dark and just not that eye-catchy right now. :cheesygrin: But what do you mean "the blur"? Do you mean the depth-of-field effect?

This is what i meant by 'pop'.
Also make it quirky in some way, i just made two differing sizes of you and placed them accordingly.

Haha, I'm sure if I put more poses of myself it should be better! Probably even better with a lot of people among the bottles so we can all share the wine?:cheesygrin:

I don't like the composition, there's no real subject here.
The background is a distraction, there's too much of nothing going on.
I corrected perspective and cropped.

Now to me, you have something to draw you into the the image.

View attachment 7448

Thanks steve. That's a really interesting and cartoonic perspective!:thumbsup: And it definitely cleared out the background and made the subject pop better. I should learn how to correct perspectives. Because the zoom angle of the lens shooting the wine and shooting myself is different it's somehow difficult to coordinate the two, should do better next time:)

never miss an opportunity to play with the photos. sorry for poking with your picks but i had such a dull afternoon here

29fwnb5.jpg

never miss an opportunity to play with the photos. sorry for poking with your picks but i had such a dull afternoon here

29fwnb5.jpg

Wow this is fantastic! Your afternoon definitely paid out.:cool2: The overall tone suits the theme really well and the horizontal flip of the wines makes much more sense than the original one. :idea:Thanks!

Thanks buddy! If i did it myself? Sure! There is a trick for everything you know :D

Then share your wares buddy, that's how the site works and members grow together stay together.

Oh man, making tutorials sure isn´t one of my better talents Belial.

Last edited:

Back