What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo icon

Hi this is my first post, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
I want to mak an icon like this:
30-web-developer-creative-and-brilliant-logo-design-1.gif
But with the letters 'nc' lower-case.
I am new to photoshop so, again any help would be hugely appreciated.
Thanks!

Hello and welcome to PSG.

This is a very simpl icon made entirely with the Rounded Rectangle Tool!

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 8.19.59 AM copy.png

Select the tool.

In the tools options bar,
Set it to Shape.
Select your color.
Turn off the stroke.
Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 8.21.58 AM.png

You will have to play with the radius, it's amount will vary depending on the width of the rectangle you make.
Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 8.22.26 AM.png

The good news is that for most of the icon, you can use the same rectangle over and over again, just copy and re-position.

Create the first rectangle.
Use Free Transform to position it. (Cmd/Cntrl + T)
Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 8.26.24 AM.png

Once you have it positioned, hit Cmd/Cntrl + J to copy.
Then Cmd/Cntrl + T > FLIP HORIZ > CLICK OK
Then use the Move Tool to move into position.
Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 8.27.08 AM.png

Go back to the Rounded Rectangle Tool and use the color fill on the 'Tool's Option Bar' (at the top) to change it's color.
Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 8.28.51 AM.png

The rest is just more of the same process.
Just remember, when you make a new and different sized rounded rectangle, use a new layer.

Here's the layers panel...
Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 8.29.10 AM.png

I would love to help.

I do have to run for a little while........doctors appointment.........but I will help when I get back.

Maybe someone else will join in while I'm gone.

Ok I have a few minutes before I have to leave.

In looking at your attempt, I can see that you have not used the proper tools. While I'm away, you need to try the technique that I described above in post #2. Post your results, and we will go from there when I return.

The C can be a bit tricky. Not sure how I would do it.............let me try some experimentation.

I think the pen tool can be big help in this case.Just set it to shape and create some round letters, i think there are a lot of tutorials that can show you how to use it.

Back