What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo Help

Hemicota

Hello guys. I'm using CS6 and I'm having a hard time matching my buddy's original logo for his website makeover. At first look, I thought it would be a quick fix to recreate the logo but after many tries, I can't seem to get it EXACT.

I'm assuming that the font is some variant of Eurostile but I've played with a couple and it's close but no cigar.

What I've done so far to try and duplicate:
1. one text layer in "Eurostile" font SOUT
2. one text layer in "Eurostile" font HERN
3. Convert text to smart object on both
4. Distort pulling up on right end and drawing down on the left and opposite for the other side.

Any ideas as to how to best duplicate this one?

Thanks

origlogo.jpg

I was able to get this with Eurostile LT Std and vertical distortion and then skewing to straighten.

Thanks for looking though. :)

Wow... Thanks SpruceMagoo! I don't have Illustrator at the moment but I will keep this. Thanks a lot.

Was the process close to the same to duplicate in AI?

Very much the same, but you can now make a new file at any dimension you want, then drag the .ai file onto the canvas, and resize it without any loss in quality. Plus, if your pal wants it embroidered onto a t-shirt, it will be easier for the company to digitize it.

Back