What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

little guy (my camera)

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
little guy.jpg
just generally having fun with liquify and shapes, feel free to leave comments and guides as to how to make it lifelike

in January, this little guy will be retired but not thrown away :) i loved it, i have a tendency to personify things i love so do excuse me.

Why to make it lifelike?

Idea is good.
Maybe little more accuracy with tongue (at least with that black thing. Overlay/multiplay +/-opacity probably would look better) but even that can be part of style.

One parable (or how it calls) which today is on top for me:

When one goes to Obaku temple in Kyoto he sees carved over the gate the words "The First Principle". The letters are unusually large, and those who appreciate calligraphy always admire them as being a mastepiece. They were drawn by Kosen two hundred years ago.

When the master drew them he did so on paper, from which the work men made the large carving in wood. As Kosen sketched the letters a bold pupil was with him who had made several gallons of ink for the calligraphy and who never failed to criticise his master's work.

"That is not good," he told Kosen after his first effort.

"How is this one?"

"Poor. Worse than before," pronounced the pupil.

Kosen patiently wrote one sheet after another until eighty-four First Principles had accumulated, still without the approval of the pupil.

Then when the young man stepped outside for a few moments, Kosen thought: "Now this is my chance to escape his keen eye," and he wrote hurriedly, with a mind free from distraction: "The First Principle."

"A masterpiece," pronounced the pupil.

Sorry for so much letters. Have a nice day! :)

Why to make it lifelike?

Idea is good.
Maybe little more accuracy with tongue (at least with that black thing. Overlay/multiplay +/-opacity probably would look better) but even that can be part of style.

thanks senior, I'll see what i can do about that. i suppose i just wanted something like that to look realistic while still having the cartoon feel about it. :P

@paul :bustagut: XD hilarious. sorry shouldn't really laugh at a crying camera :(

@fenix we should indeed it's going to be cased up and placed on my shelf.

Back