What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Levels adjustments on smart objects

kimaldis

For some reason I can't add a levels adjustment (image->adjustments->levels) to a smart object. I can add shadows/Highlights and HDR Toning but all the rest of the options are greyed out.

I know I can add an adjustment layer but for reasons to complicated to go into here I need to keep the adjustment on the smart object.

Is this possible or are these adjustments greyed out for some obscure Photoshop reason?

thanks in advance.

yes it's grayed out

but when you click on the smart object you can place the adjustment there
and save it without merging the layers

and then the adjustment layer is in the smart object only

Sure,but this doesn't really help me. I'm using a Nik Software plugin which will only retain it's own parameters for later editing if applied to a smart object as a smart filter. If I want to stack this with other Photoshop adjustments, in arbitrary order then the adjustments have to be smart filters, applied to the smart object.

Make sense?

Back