What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way of saving text styles?

Essie Andrews

Hi I hope someone can help and save me loads of time.

I'm still a novice with a few things so please be kind.
While I am learning how to use photoshop and css together to save time, I am working on a website for someone and I am building it in photoshop.

The client has changed her mind on the colour theme of the site so I am now going through every page I have done and changing text.

What I would like to know is if there is a way that you can save text styles like swatches, to change certain bits of text ie colour size font etc in one go.

Then I can just highlight some text and click something to change it (similar to what you can do in word)
Any help is gratefully received.

when is layers STYLES WINDOW CLICK newStyles you'll see the option

yeah if I am reading it right then once you have created your text layer right click it and select blending options which I assume you know so you can add your gradients shadows emboss overlays strokes etc etc etc. then once your happy with it on the right hand side you will see a button named new style click that it will ask you to name it and will save all the current effects. So next time you go into a blending options above drop shadow and blending options default on left hand side you should see styles very top box and that has a lot of presets in but the last 1 will be the last saved style. Hope this is what your after

Thanks for your replies, however that is not what i was looking for.

I wanted to be able to create presets for the attributes of the font, such as size, bold, italic, font type, kerning etc

Thank-you

Capture.JPG
select the text tool click the 2 arrows in above picture when you select the yellow highlighted arrow should see a drop down list 1 of them will be save tool preset

That is helpful, thanks! unfortunately it doesn't have all the options that the character panel does have but its a step closer thank-you for your help.

Back